Update Day! Time for Home Update Grading!

B-
Much better then the last disappointment, this update has some stuff worth a download. The Paris apartment will be interesting to see. However, I find it very disappointing that they keep adding tons and tons of new sports items. I hate to say it, but some of us could give a damn less about sports. And the fact that each and every sports jersey you buy is labeled "00" as the number, it's pretty much stating where they are at. Double-Zero. Which will be your PSN account balance after buying one. They are friggin' expensive. UNLESS you buy one of the many new ones with player names. So after buying your $5 jersey last week, get prepared to buy another with your favorite player!
I do have to admit I am getting a bit tired of updates where they package stuff from the week before. Such is the Emoticon pack. I bought three of these for each gender last week, and now they are in a discount bundle. New rule of thumb for me, and probably for my readers:

DON'T BUY ANYTHING THE WEEK IT'S RELEASED. WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT WEEK.

5 comments:

  1. "DON'T BUY ANYTHING THE WEEK IT'S RELEASED. WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT WEEK."

    You had it mostly right HW... the correct answer is DON'T BUY ANYTHING.

    Top 10 Reasons not to buy crap on Home:
    1. Beta (beta beta beta beta... say it until that sinks in)
    2. Draconian Sony ToS (they own your ass)
    3. Too expensive
    4. Dressing up dolls and playing in doll houses is for 5-10 year old girls (and they aren't even allowed on Home!)
    5. It won't improve your personality, chances of getting laid
    6. No user created content allowed
    7. Proceeds go to Goliath Japanese corporation that hates you (seriously) and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Spend money locally, on real stuff, support your community
    8. Worst of the worst customer service (if you don't believe me, call Sony and tell them about that bug and see what happens)
    9. No File Found
    10. Because I said so! j/k

    BETA
    noun
    software that has not yet been released but has received an alpha test and still has more bugs than a regular release; "beta software is usually available only to particular users who will test it"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to buy things on Home,,,
    But I don't go crazy like I use to and buy everything that comes out,,, But I use Home daily and I really would get bored looking at the same outfit everyday - I don't tend to buy apartments because I rarely spend time in them,,, Home can be a dangerous place if you are a compulsive buyer,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compulsive buyer, you mean like a 16 year old girl? LMFAO. I could care less if this is a beta, or a final product, I will continue to spend my hard earned money on Home, becuse thats my right.

    I love to hop on HOme weekly and get the new stuff, it always starts conversations with ppl I dont know, which leads to new friendships. It also keeps HOme fresh, and helps me enjoy it more on a day to day basis.

    Also, pygmy, do you really feel like you have to have the first post of every thread? Ive noticed your trying very hard recently to be first, but usually post the exact same message over and over complaining about HOme. Tech support sucks for every company out there, name one worth a damn (everyone trys to say apple, but your kidding me right).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who said dat!?

    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SmartSpending/ConsumerActionGuide/10-companies-that-treat-you-right.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  5. it wasnt me, but you got servedJanuary 21, 2010 at 10:49 AM

    lmao "who said that", whoever it was owned you dude. lmao.

    ReplyDelete