Personal Observation


I'm unsure if other folks do this as well, but I won't use Home with my TV unmuted. The sounds of the menu are irritating, the music anywhere you go is usually a 10 second looping clip, or a really horrible song. It makes me want to swing a chain into my face and knock myself out. If the Central Plaza music is annoying, why not escape to Scorpios @ Sodium One and listen to that horrid loop for an hour. Although after hanging out at Sodium, it will be a welcome relief from listening to Vickie's 5 different helpful hints. I want to take a powerdrill to that bitches' face. I remember once I went into my wardrobe at the same time a Vickie clip played. I'm unsure if it was related, but Home crashed. But not a normal freeze up we've come to adore. It somehow got the audio clup on loop. So here I am, waiting to see if eventually my wardrobe will open, and all I'm getting is
Make sure to stop by Scorpios and make your friends our most refreshing drinks!
Make sure to stop by Scorpios and make your friends our most refreshing drinks!
Make sure to stop by Scorpios and make your friends our most refreshing drinks!
Make sure to stop by Scorpios and make your friends our most refreshing drinks!
Make sure to stop by Scorpios and make your friends our most refreshing drinks!
Make sure to stop by Scorpios and make your friends our most refreshing drinks!
Shortly after backing my car over my PS3 it occurred to me, there are no normal sounds in Home. No footsteps, no laughter when your avatar laughs, no clapping when they clap. Hell, I'd settle for a quick avatar fart then the ear raping music at Singstar.

I hate the audio at home. I wish there was an audio clip of vickie saying "Do your part for health and safety, mute your television before you go into vomiting seizures"

14 comments:

  1. That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. There's a severe lack of personality in Home, and a few Simlish-like audio clips would make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't usually mute it but i know what you're talking about. i have my ambient volume turned wwaayy down and my master volume is set low too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... and not one of those Lochwood *giggle*s either.
    You know the old saying, "Whats the sound of no hands clapping?"
    So many missing sounds/ambience(s).
    Sooo many things could be implemented as "user created". Like your own laughter when laughing, user created emotes, clothing, facial expressions, dance moves, etc. The potential is endless, but the cost of moderating/managing these things make it virtually impossible for Sony to even consider anything of the sort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there once was a way to broadcast your own laughter through your avatar. yes, it's a bit ancient, but i beleive they once called it "Public Voice Chat."

    yea, whenever you que up on your mic, your avatar reacts the same way as if you were typing. Hand gestures, moving lips, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kapow
    As much as would love to see Public Voice Chat reinstated, am afraid that sounds less likely at this time than even user created content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nos
    i know. i've pretty much given up on Public voice chat and streaming tv, video clips, movies, and music in personal spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still have a glimmer of hope for functional appliances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's all we need Nos,,, Toilets that don't flush... Oh NVM a toilet isn't an appliance now is it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not yet, they're not, but am imagining a urinal with a monitor embedded...
    Oh look! The Tester is on!

    COMMENCE TARGET PRACTICE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There were some interesting noises in Xi. Of course Xi was not a Sony effort. Sony should stick to the hardware and outsource all of the software.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to a party at the Singstar VIP area and had to leave because i couldnt take the shitty booming in my bass speaker that was litterally pounding my whole room. Whats with not being able to lvl the bass right. Seems like all the spaces suffer from overly hard bass. is it just me?

    -Anonoman

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's like living in a world full of mimes really. and i believe everyone can agree that that is wrong on every concievable level. no wonder there is so much anger in home.... it's not the extreamly long loadibng times, or the bugs, or the false advertising, or the favoritism.. it's the damned mime effect! everyone gets a little angrier around mimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. and why is there a handicapped symbol besides the captcha?

    ReplyDelete